To Our Families and Community
Information on Funerals and COVID-19. (June 2020 Updated)
Coronavirus (COVID-19) Statement:
At Schuller Family Funeral Homes & Cremation Services, the health and safety of our customers and staff are a top priority. We have been monitoring the Coronavirus (COVID-19) situation and want our friends in the community to know we are taking every precaution to make our Funeral Home a safe place.
In this time of uncertainty, I want to reassure our families we are here to serve you, and we are still holding services as we understand the human need to celebrate the life of your loved one. However, we are following the guidelines and recommendations set forth by the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and Governor Tim Walz of Minnesota. In Summary:
- public gatherings and services are allowed, restricted to 50% capacity of the space where the gathering or service is taking place up to 250 people;
- live-webcasting of services is available for family members who are unable to attend;
- bodies can be embalmed using proper industry practices and public viewings may take place;
- decedents can be buried or cremated;
- gatherings may be arranged to be held at a later date.
For the safety of our staff as well as the guests, visitors and the families we serve, we have put in place the following restrictions until further notice:
- our staff will be wearing masks when interacting with the public at home visits, arrangement conferences, funeral/memorial services and graveside services while on duty; masks are not required of those coming to the funeral home or location of services (unless required by that location), but are highly recommended; disposable masks and hand sanitizer will be available to the attendees;
- food, our drinking fountain and coffee maker will not be available to reduce the chance of cross contamination; bottled water and other individually packaged, non-alcoholic beverages may be brought into the funeral home;
- a member of our staff will be signing the register book for you (please introduce yourself, even if you know the staff member);
- at visitations/services where a large attendance is expected, entrances and exits will be clearly marked for a safe flow of attendees.
- restrooms continue to be available to our guests, visitors and families we are serving.
We will continue to monitor and adjust these guidelines as the COVID-19 situation changes.
Tools have been put into place to make all funeral arrangements remotely, if you wish to use them, to further protect your families and our staff during this difficult time. If this time has you thinking of your own pre-need arrangements, we are available to remotely meet with you to answer questions and start putting your wishes in order.
We have raised our already high health standards by disinfecting all chapels, visitation rooms and arrangement rooms after each use and have added additional hand sanitizing stations throughout our facilities. Additionally, we have a very dedicated team, and we have encouraged them to stay home if they begin running a fever or have flu like symptoms.
Thank you for trusting us to serve you,
Joseph G. Schuller, Owner
Schuller Family Funeral Homes & Cremation Services